Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Verse for Mindy

Mindy has been sending birthday cards to everyone in the family. This is very impressive. I thought she deserved a card of her own. I even wrote a verse. It only took me four months to remember to send it.


You sent me a card with two cents postage due
Your act of kindness is coming back to you
I got a birthday card that I never would have expected
I thought you also would like a card you hadn’t suspected
So Mindy here it is: a little note from me to you
May you feel extra special on birthday 32.
For every card you send to in-laws, nephews, and nieces
May you be blessed with money, stickers and candy pieces
But if those gifts don’t come and the phone doesn’t ring
Please take comfort in knowing one itty-bitty thing
You never would have gotten this card of verse:
Had you not sent me my birthday card first!

No comments: